The St. Gregorios College owes to Saint Gregorios of Parumala, the first Canonised Saint of Orthodox Church, for its name. Popularly known as Parumala Kochu Thirumeni, the patron saint of the college was a prudent pedagogue and educationist. The spiritual sojourn of His Grace on earth, commencing from 15th June 1848 and culminating in 2nd November 1902, was a manifestation of piety and penitence. His Grace had shown keen interest in Bible reading, fasting, saying prayers stipulated by canon and listening to the biographies of saints and martyrs, ever since his childhood days. “Grow with learning and learn to grow” was His Grace's maxim. Thirumeni not only founded many schools for secular education, but also inspired many to found educational institutions. Local historians state that during one of His Grace's visits to Kottarakara, it was Kochu Thirumeni who had suggested for the first time that the present location of the College is suitable for an educational institution. The Prophetic words of His Grace came to fulfilment in 1964, with the laying of the foundation stone of St. Gregorios College. The hillock upon which the College stands is later named as Gregorios Mount. Today St.Gregorios is a saint par excellence for people irrespective of religion, caste and community. Many churches, shrines and altars have been dedicated in the name of St. Gregorios of Parumala. Many educational institutions are there in the name of His Grace. Let’s cherish in the memory of our Patron Saint now and for ever.